helen's news items
Two lovely members have already volunteered to help with organising the Christmas party but we still need assistance on the day with setting up before and clearing up afterwards as well as someone to liaise with the Kokoda cafe before the day to ensure that we have electricity and access to the toilets.
A suggestion was also made that there should be a theme this year though please bear in mind the party is held in quite a public area!! Or maybe you have an idea for some other way of enhancing the proceedings?
I'm still looking for a volunteer (we can actually send up to 3 delegates) or group of people, who would like to attend Bushwalking NSW's quarterly General Meeting on Tuesday 20th August in order to represent the club. It is held at Redfern Town Hall.
For those of you not fortunate enough to be able to join us in Burwood for the All Nations AGM last Saturday, you missed out on some great homemade treats and a chance to hear about how your club operates.
Most importantly, the new club constitution was unanimously adopted by those present. Thanks again to Liam for all your hard work that enabled us to get to this point.
The following were nominated without opposition to form the ANB Committee for the next 12 months:
NEW for this year's AGM. We've had a book called 'Take a Walk in Southern NSW and the ACT' by John and Lyn Daly donated to the club by the authors. The book covers more than 2000km of walking tracks from Sydney south to the Victorian border with outline maps and detailed descriptions as well as a plethora of other information about the National Parks covered in the book.
- Speaker from NSW Sport on considerations and benefits of encouraging children and young people to join our clubs. Several clubs have Child Protection Officers. Speaker mentioned that it will soon be mandatory for clubs to implement child safety standards if under 18 year olds participate in their activities. This is not just the physical safety or children.
If you want a sneak peak at the documentation for the upcoming club AGM on Saturday 29th June, it has now been prepared and can be found at:
In the coming weeks you will be receiving the Notice of and Agenda for the AGM and Special Resolution in the post as well as email reminders about this important club annual event, with further details of where and when it is being held and details of what takes place.
- A Special Resolution will be voted upon at the AGM on Saturday June 29th in order to accept the updated ANB constitution. The consitution needed to be updated in line with the Associations Incorporation Regulation 2016.
- New ANB bank account has been opened with Westpac to facilitate online banking. Old CBA account to be closed within the next year.
- Approval for the provision of new prizes for the best sweet plate and best savoury plate brought to the AGM.
- Photo competition (see previous news feed) closes 31st March 2019
- Yuri Bolotin spoke about "Bushwalking with a Purpose". Apart from promoting his book series on Gardens of Stone he mentioned these potential purposes to enhance one's enjoyment of a bushwalk:
Follow link to take part in this great Bushwalking NSW photo competiton with some lovely prizes (no limit on number of entries) .
You can use this to practise for the All Nations AGM photo competition in June!!